Each name session in JustWare includes a powerful and user-friendly Name Calendar that displays all events that person is involved in. The Name Calendar allows users to create, edit, reschedule, or delete events from an easy and intuitive calendar interface.
Note: The Name Calendar for the current user is available as a default My JustWare snap-in, making it extremely easy for a user to view and edit their events.
There are three calendar viewing options:
- Week (work week or full week)
Note: JustWare remembers your last calendar view and uses it as the default the next time you open a calendar session or snap-in. Your personalized settings are used every time you log into JustWare, from any computer, because your personalized settings are saved on the JustWare database.
In each of the three calendar viewing options, the current day is displayed with a box in the corresponding month to the right. In the week view, the current week is highlighted in the corresponding month to the right. In the month view, the current month is highlighted to the right.
To navigate forward or backward through the current view, click the forward and back buttons.
Use the small month calendars to the right to jump to a particular day (from the day view), week (from the week view), or month (from the month view).
If you hover your mouse pointer over an event, a Tool Tip appears, displaying event information (i.e. title, event time, event type, event location, involved cases).
Creating an Event from the Name Calendar¶
- In the Name Calendar view of any name session, double-click the day and time you want the event to begin, or press Ctrl+I. An event editor session opens.
- Enter all applicable information in the fields provided. Some fields may be required while others are not. Contact your JustWare Administrator to learn which fields are required for your organization.
|Event Type||Select the event type from the list.|
|Location||Select the event location from the list.|
|Status||Select the event status from the list.|
|Time Fields (Start, Duration, and End)||The three fields are linked together. If you fill in any two of these fields, the third will automatically populate.|
|(Start)||Type the event start date and time or select the date from the drop-down calendar.|
|(Duration)||Type the event duration in minutes, hours, days, months, or years, including the unit (e.g. for 2 days, type 2d).|
|(End)||Type the event end date and time or select the date from the drop-down calendar.|
|Notes||Enter notes about the event.|
|Title||Enter a short title for the event.|
|Case||Use the Case Quick Search to search for the correct case.|
- Click the Involved People snap-in and add a new record. Enter all applicable information in the fields provided. Some fields may be required while others are not. Contact your JustWare Administrator to learn which fields are required for your organization.
|Involved Person||Type search criteria and click the search button to locate a name. Alternately, if you are in a case session, select a name from the list of case-involved people. Names automatically become hyperlinks when they are successfully added. Click the hyperlink or press Enter to open a linked name.|
|Notes||Type any related notes in this free-text field.|
|Date||Type a date or select a date from the drop-down calendar. By default, the time is set to 12:00 AM. Type a different time, as desired.|
|Reminder Time Prior to Event||If you want an email or pop-up reminder sent to this involved person for the selected event, task or correspondence, select the amount of time prior to the event, task, or correspondence you want the email or pop-up reminder to be sent.|
|Select this check box if you want this involved person to receive an email reminder for the selected event, task, or correspondence.|
|Pop-up||Select this check box if you want this involved person to receive a pop-up reminder for the selected event, task, or correspondence.|
|Flag||This is an agency-customizable check box.|
|Status||Select the status type from the list.|
- Save the session.
Tip: Events can also be created from the Events] snap-in of any name or case session. Once added, these events will automatically appear in the name calendar view.
Editing an Event from the My JustWare Calendar¶
- In the My JustWare Calendar snap-in, double-click the event you want to edit. An event editor session opens.
- Make any changes in the available fields.
- Save the session.
Click and Drag Calendar Editing Options¶
There are also some event schedule editing options available in a calendar by clicking and dragging.
To move an event to a different day and/or time, click and drag the event from the original day and time to the desired day and time.
To increase or decrease the duration of an event:
- Click on the event to put it into focus. A resize handle appears at the top and at the bottom of the event.
- Move your mouse pointer over the appropriate handle until it becomes a vertical resize pointer.
- Click and drag the edge of the event to the desired time.
Note: An event that has been dragged and dropped or an event for which the duration has been edited in calendar view is auto-saved.
Deleting an Event from the Name Calendar¶
- In the Name Calendar view of any name session, click the event you want to delete.
- Press Delete. A dialog box appears to confirm the deletion. Click Yes.