Microsoft Exchange Synchronization¶
Your office may be set up to synchronize JustWare events, correspondences, and tasks with Microsoft Exchange appointments, giving you the ability to see all your Docket Events with your Microsoft Outlook Calendar. Depending on settings specified by the JustWare Administrator, Exchange Synchronization performs the following actions:
- Creates an appointment in Exchange when an event, correspondence, or task is created in JustWare. All event information (i.e., event type, status, location, etc.) appears in the notes of the Exchange appointment.
- Creates a name event in JustWare when an appointment is created in Exchange. All appointment information (appointment type, location, involvements, etc.) appears in the notes of the name event.
- Updates an appointment in Exchange when the event, correspondence, or task has been modified in JustWare.
- Updates a name event time and duration in JustWare if the appointment time and/or duration has been modified in Exchange. Caution: Changes made to a case event appointment in Exchange are never updated in the case event in JustWare.
- Deletes appointments in Exchange if the event, correspondence, or task has been deleted in JustWare.
- Deletes appointments in Exchange if a case has been reassigned using the Case Reassignemnt tool. Update Logging must be enabled for this feature to work.
- Deletes events in JustWare if the appointment has been deleted in Exchange. Events in JustWare are only deleted if the corresponding appointment is in your Deleted Items folder in Exchange. For example, if someone who is not set up for Exchange Synchronization deletes an appointment that appears on your Exchange calendar, the appointment appears in their Deleted Items folder, not yours. As a result, that event remains in JustWare and is not deleted.
What Gets Passed Through Exchange Synchronization?¶
The following pieces of information are passed through the Microsoft Exchange Synchronization:
- Tasks (Be sure to select the Sync Tasks to Calendar option in the Maintenance Console when setting up the Exchange Synchronization Service.)
- Correspondences (Be sure to select the Sync Correspondence to Calendar option in the Maintenance Console when setting up the Exchange Synchronization Service.)