PDF and Image Editor¶
JustWare's built-in PDF and Image Editor provides users with the ability to do the following:
- Redact sensitive information fro documents
- Clean up documents that have been scanned
- Alter the appearance of documents
- Highlight information on documents
- Add notations to documents
The PDF and Image Editor is not included in the initial installation of the JustWare Client. Consequently, the first time you use the PDF and Image Editor, a number of required files will automatically download. This may take a few minutes.
Important: Not all implementations of JustWare will have the PDF and Image Editor available as this is an additional, paid service. Contact your JustWare Administrator to find out if your organization has rights to the PDF and Image Editor.
Supported File Types¶
The PDF and Image Editor can be used to edit documents or images with the following file extensions:
Opening An Image Or Scanned Document¶
Supported files can be opened in the PDF and Image Editor from a Filing Cabinet snap-in. There are two ways to open the editor:
- Right-click on the file and select "PDF and IMG Editor" from the context menu.
- With the file selected and displayed in the preview tab, click the editor button on the top right above the preview.
After an image has been scanned or placed in the filing cabinet, you may want to convert it to a different file type. To do this, you will need to have the document open in the PDF and Image Editor.
In the toolbar of the PDF and Image Editor, click File | Export.
Select one of the following options from the menu:
- All pages to PDF: Converts all pages of the file into a .pdf file. This converts each page as an image, and the text will not be searchable.
- All pages to PDF with searchable text: Converts all pages of the file into a .pdf file with the ability to search the text.
- All pages to RTF as searchable text: Converts all the pages of the file to a .rtf (Rich Text Format) file.
- All pages to TIF: Converts all pages of the file into a .tif file.
- Current page to PNG: Converts only the current page, the page that is visible, into a .png file.
- Current page to JPEG: Converts only the current page, the page that is visible, into a .jpeg file.
Browse to the location that you want to save the new document.