The JustWare Filing Cabinet allows your organization to organize and store files in an intuitive and user friendly way. The Filing Cabinet gives you the ability to organize files into folders, preview documents, search for files, and improves the stability and integrity of files.
The JustWare Filing Cabinet is where your organization can store all digital files, including documents, pictures, and videos. The Filing Cabinet has been designed to look and function very similar to the windows filing system.
To add files to the JustWare Filing Cabinet, use one of the following methods:
- Drag and drop files from your computer into the JustWare Filing Cabinet.
- Click the Add File button to opening a dialog that will allow you to browse for files to add.
After files are added to the Filing Cabinet you must save to commit those files to the database. When the session is saved, the Upload Manager (located at the top right) will open and begin uploading those files. You can minimize the Upload Manager and continue to work in JustWare while these files are being uploaded. If JustWare is closed while the Upload Manager is still uploading files, those files will resume the next time JustWare is launched.
- When adding files into the Filing Cabinet, the Document Type will default to Unknown until it is changed.
- Files cannot be drag and dropped from the Filing Cabinet out of JustWare.
The Upload Manager lets you continue working in JustWare while files are being upload to the Filing Cabinet. Files will automatically begin the upload process once you save. While files are being uploaded, you can pause the upload and choose to resume it at a later date. This is done by clicking the Pause All button at the top of the Upload Manager. When uploads are paused, the button will change to Resume All.
When files are added to the Filing Cabinet, this icon will appear to signify that the file has not yet been uploaded to the database, even if your session is saved. After files have been uploaded, the icon will disappear.
If there is ever an error during an upload, a new tab will appear that displays all errors. If a file fails, JustWare will automatically retry three times. Additionally, you can try to upload a file manually using the Upload Manager.
The Upload Manager will open automatically when a file is being uploaded. If you do not want this to always happen, select the Do not automatically open on upload checkbox located at the bottom of the Upload Manager.
If your organizing is using JDA (JustWare Document Automation) to create files, use this option to select which type of file will be generated. Click the Generate Doc button and select the Document Type to generate.
You may also select a Category in the Generate Doc dialog box. This is useful if your organization is using Category to filter results.
There are several ways to send files from the JustWare Filing Cabinet.
- Email: Click the Email button to have the file added as an attachment to your default mail client.
- JustWare Name and Case Records: Under the Send To drop-down menu and in the right-click context menu select Name Record or Case Record and search for the name or case you wish to send the file to. This will send the file to the selected Name and Case session, removing it from the current Filing Cabinet.
- Additionally, if you select the Copy To option in the right-click menu or the More button at the top of the Filing Cabinet, you can send a copy of the selected file to the desired Name or Case session. This means that the original file will remain in the current Filing Cabinet and copies will be made and put into the selected Names and Cases.
- File System: This option under the Send To menu allows you to make a copy of a JustWare file and place it on your computer or another network location.
In JustWare, saving is how you commit all changes to the database. When working with files in the Filing Cabinet, remember to save often to ensure that your work is not lost. When opening and editing files, it is a good practice to save the document in whatever program you use to edit (i.e. Word) and to also save in JustWare. This will ensure that all changes are added to the database.
Working With Files¶
Each file in the Filing Cabinet has multiple fields that allow you to further manage and work with files. The following list details the different fields available. Some of these fields may not be visible in your implementation of JustWare.
|Name||The name of the file. This is a searchable field.|
|Sealed||This checkbox allows you to seal a file, making it accessible only to those with sealing permissions.|
|Public||This checkbox sets the file's availability for public documents on JusticeWeb. See Public Documents for more information.|
|Type||This drop-down menu displays the different types of documents as defined by your administrator. This is a searchable field.|
|Status||This drop-down is used determine the status of your files. For example, a file can be marked as pending or completed. This is a searchable field.|
|Date||This is a date field that can be used to track any date in association with the file selected.|
|Category||This field is used to further organize and group files by giving you the option to put files in a category. For example, files can be placed in a Category named "Photo." Folders can be used to accomplish a similar task when trying to organize files. Contact your JustWare Administrator to determine what policies your organization has in regards to using folders and categories.|
|Parent Event||This field is used to link a file to an event in JustWare. For example, if a document is a result of an event (such as a hearing), that document can be linked to that hearing to provide a history for the file.|
|Event Location||This field is used in conjunction with the Parent Event field, marking where the event took place to give further context.|
|Currency 1||This field is used to track any monetary amount that may be associated with the file.|
|Currency 2||As with Currency 1, this field is used to track any monetary amount that may be associated with the file.|
|Notes||This field provides the ability to take notes related to the selected file. This is a searchable field.|
|Priority||This field is available to allow your organization a way to add additional priority to files in the Filing Cabinet.|
|Discovery Packet Title||This is a read only field that displays the name of the Discovery Packet if this file is included in a Discovery Packet.|
In order to maintain file integrity, JustWare only allows one person to edit a file at a time. The first user to open a file will check out that file. Any users that attempt to open and edit a file that is locked by another user they will only be able to open a read-only copy of the file.
You can add people as involvement on files in the Filing Cabinet. This is done in the Involvements tab on the right side of the Filing Cabinet.
Organizing And Finding Files¶
The JustWare Filing Cabinet comes with several tools to help your organization organize and find files.
Folders: The JustWare Filing Cabinet provides you the ability to create folders to organize files. You can also nest folders inside of folders. A breadcrumb is located at the top of the Filing Cabinet to help you navigate through your folder structure.
The ability to add folders is a privilege that must be granted by your Justware Administrator using the Security Profile section of System Administration.
Views: You can change the Filing Cabinet Views by using the toggle buttons located at the top of the Filing Cabinet. These views allow you to change the way your File Viewing area displays files.
- Details: This view displays the files in a grid-like manner, giving you the ability to sort by any of the available fields displayed. These fields can be hidden based off your organization's preferences.
- Normal Icon View: This view displays the files as small icons.
- Large Icon View: This view displays the files as larger icons making it easier to identify pictures.
- Searching: All files in the JustWare Filing Cabinet can be searched for by using the search box in the top right of the Filing Cabinet. The Filing Cabinet search will search File Names, Notes, Document Types, Document Statuses, and Categories. The JustWare Filing Cabinet search does not search file contents.
- Preview: The preview allows you to view and identify files without having to open them. When a file is first clicked on a preview will be created. This may take a few seconds. These preview images are held in a temporary cache to make loading the preview faster the next time the image is clicked on. Print and PDF & Image Editor are accessed from the toolbar in the Preview Pane.
- Tree View: The Tree View is activated by clicking on the Tree View toggle control at the top of the Filing Cabinet. Clicking on this will enable the tree view in whichever view you are currently in, allowing you to see the folder structure for the Filing Cabinet you are in while looking at the files in the currently selected folder.
Using The PDF Image Editor¶
If your company has purchased licenses, you may use the PDF & Image Editor to perform small modifications, such as redaction and digital enhancements. For more info on using the PDF & Image Editor see PDF & Image Editor.