The Judgment snap-in tracks the plea and/or disposition of each charge in a case. The plea type and date, as well as the final disposition of the charge, are all tracked here.
For example, a defendant can enter a plea of "not guilty" on 06/01/2008 and can be found guilty for the same charge on 09/01/2008. This information allows your organization to keep a complete history of the pleas and dispositions of each charge.
Creating a Judgment Record¶
- Click the Judgment snap-in in any open case session.
- Add a new Record.
- Judgment Event: Select one of the existing case events from the list. For example, there may be a case event of "arraignment" where the defendant enters a plea of "not guilty." Note: Check your organization's guidelines for use of this field.
- Name: Select one of the primary case involved persons from the list. This field allows you to associate the proper case involved person with a specific charge and the associated plea or disposition. Caution: Once a judgment record has been saved the Name field becomes read-only.
- #: The number field in this snap-in will be populated after the Charge field is completed. This field is populated from the number field in the Charge snap-in.
- Charge: Select one of the case charges from the list.
- Plea: Select one of the existing plea types from the list.
- Plea Date: Type the plea date or select the date from the drop-down calendar.
- Dispo: Select the disposition type from the list.
- Dispo Date: Type the disposition date or select the date from the drop-down calendar.
Tip: Use the Edit Multiple Records tool to change multiple pleas or dispositions. For example, a defendant enters a plea of "not guilty" to several charges during an arraignment. Later, the defendant changes some or all of the pleas to "guilty." Change all of the appropriate pleas at once with the Edit Multiple Records tool.
Save the Session. (Click Save button or