Name Attributes Code Table¶
This code table populates drop-down lists that can be found in the designated snap-ins of the following session types:
Finding the Name Attributes Code Table¶
- In the Administrative Tools group of the Explorer toolbar, click System Administration.
- Select Code Tables | Names | Name Information. The Name Attributes code table will be displayed in the Name Attributes snap-in.
Tip:To access this code table through the Code Tables link in the Administrative Tools group rather than the System Administration link in the same group, click ctblNameAttributes.
Creating Name Attributes Codes¶
- Add a new record.
- Select or type all required and relevant data for each available
field. Some fields may be required while others are not.
- Code: Type a brief, unique code used to reference the corresponding item description.
- Description: Type a description that the user will view in the lists populated by this code table.
- Alert:Select the check box field to force a pop-up message to appear when a name record with this attribute is opened.
- MasterCode:Select the correct code from among the following
- 0-Other: For codes that designate names that are not permitted assignment of cases and exhibits.
- 1-Assignable Location: For codes that designate names that are permitted assignment of cases and exhibits.
- Notes: Type any related notes in this free-text field.
- Activation Date: Type or select the date from which the code will be in use.
- Expiration Date: Type or select the date upon which the code will become inactive.
- Save the Session. (Click Save button or