Event Type Code Table¶
This code table populates drop-down lists that can be found in the designated snap-ins of the following session types:
Finding the Event Type Code Table¶
- In the Administrative Tools group of the Explorer toolbar, click System Administration.
- Follow one of the following paths to open the code table:
- Select Code Tables | Cases | Events. The Event Type code table will be displayed in the Event Type snap-in.
- Select Code Tables | Names | Events. The Event Type code table will be displayed in the Event Type snap-in.
Tip:To access this code table by navigating through the Code Tables link in the Administrative Tools group, rather than the System Administration link in the same group, click ctblEventSuperType. This will provide all event types, including correspondences, events, sentences, and cases.
Creating Event Type Codes¶
- Add a new record.
- Select or type all required and relevant data for each available
field. Some fields may be required while others are not.
- Code: Type a brief, unique code used to reference the corresponding item description.
- Description: Type a description that the user will view in the lists populated by this code table.
Type:Select the correct code from among the following options:
- 0 - Other
- 1 - Court Event
Tip:Only Event Types marked type 1-Court Event are transferred to the Judgment/Sentencing view. - Default Category:Select a default event category from the drop-down list if desired. This list is populated by the Event Category code table. New events will be created with this category. - Notes: Type any related notes in this free-text field. - Activation Date: Type or select the date from which the code will be in use. - Expiration Date: Type or select the date upon which the code will become inactive. - Default Start Time: Type a time in the Default Start Time field. Each new event of this type that is created will automatically have this start time. - Default Duration:Type an amount of time (number of minutes, hours, etc.) in the Default Duration field for this event type. Each new event of this type that is created will automatically have this duration. 3. Save the Session. (Click Save button or