Attributes Code List Code Table¶
The Attribute Code List code table allows you to specify specific values for name attributes that users can use instead of having to type information manually. This is especially useful in ensuring accuracy in name attributes. With a specific list of values to choose from, users will not be able to use different terms for the same value. This code table populates drop-down lists that can be found in the designated snap-ins of the following session types:
|Name||Attributes||Name Attribute Code|
Finding the Attribute Code List Code Table¶
- In the Administrative Tools group of the Explorer toolbar, click System Administration.
- Select Code Tables | Names | Name Information. The Code List code table will be displayed in the Attribute Code List snap-in.
Creating Attribute Code List Code Table¶
- In the Name Attributes Configuration snap-in, highlight the row of the Name Attribute you want to create a code list for.
- Create a new row in the Attribute Code List snap-in.
- Select or type all required and relevant data for each available
field. Some fields may be required while others are not.
- Code: Type a brief, unique code used to reference the corresponding item description.
- Description: Type a description that the user will view in the lists populated by this code table.
- Notes: Type any related notes in this free-text field.
- Activation Date: Type or select the date from which the code will be in use.
- Expiration Date: Type or select the date upon which the code will become inactive.
- Save the Session. (Click Save button or