Payment Type Code Table¶
Your agency can define all the different types of payments that you will accept. These types might include cash, check, money order, credit, etc.
This code table populates drop-down lists that can be found in the designated snap-ins of the following session types:
Finding the Payment Type Code Table¶
- In the Administrative Tools group of the Explorer toolbar, click System Administration.
Select Code Tables | Financials | Payments .
The Payment Type code table is displayed in the Payment Type snap-in.
Tip: To access this code table through the Code Tables link in the Administrative Tools group rather than the System Administration link in the same group, click ctblPaymentType.
Creating Payment Type Codes¶
Add a new record.
Select or type all required and relevant data for each available field. Some fields may be required while others are not.
- Code: Type a brief, unique code used to reference the corresponding item description.
- Description: Type a description that the user will view in the lists populated by this code table.
Type: Select the correct code from among the following options:
- 0 - Both: for codes that will be used for both payments and vouchers.
- 1 - Payment: for codes that will only be used for payments, not for vouchers.
Code Type: Select the correct code type from among the following options:
0 - Check: for codes that designate payment types that need to be reconciled (e.g., Check).
Tip: Vouchers assigned a payment type of code type 0 - Check will not be allocated until the payment has been marked with a status of type 2 - Cleared.
1 - Other: for codes that designate payment types that do not need to be reconciled (e.g., Cash).
- 2 - Non-monetary: for codes that designate non-monetary payment types (e.g., community service hours).
Notes: Type any related notes in this free-text field.
- Activation Date: Type or select the date from which the code will be in use.
- Expiration Date: Type or select the date upon which the code will become inactive.
Save the Session. (Click Save button or