The Locked Documents admin session provides the ability to review what filing cabinet documents JustWare users currently have checked out and locked for modification from other users. See Read-Only Files in the Filing Cabinet for more information about locks.
Administrators can also force a document to be unlocked for access from this session. This ability is useful in situations where a user has locked a document and is unable to release the lock normally or when a lock has been obtained for an extended amount of time and needs to be released.
Select a row from the upper AppPerson snap-in. Each row represents a JustWare user that has at least one document lock. The Documents snap-in at the bottom of the session will then populate with the documents that user has a lock for. The AppPerson snap-in has the following read-only fields:
- Locked By: The name of the JustWare user with locked documents.
- Locked Date: The date and time the JustWare user last obtained a lock on a document.
- User Description: The log-on name of the JustWare user.
Review what documents the selected user has locked in the Documents snap-in. The Documents snap-in has the following fields:
- Unlock Documents: Use this checkbox to select this document for unlocking.
- EventID: The database event ID for this document.
- User Description: The log-on name of the JustWare user holding the lock on this document.
- Case File Name: For case documents, the name of the document.
- CaseID: For case documents, the CaseID of the parent case for this document.
- Name File Name: For name documents, the name of the document.
- Name: For name documents, the parent name for this document.
Check the Unlock Documents checkbox on the documents rows for the files to be unlocked.
- Save the session. The locks on the selected documents will now be released and the newly unlocked documents will be removed from the Documents snap-in. If the user does not have any documents locks remaining, the user will also be removed from the AppPerson snap-in.