Document Type Code Table¶
This table specifies the document template types. It can be used to upload both standard and automated documents. To learn about automating documents in this code table, refer to the JDA Editor User Manual.
This code table populates drop-down lists that can be found in the designated snap-ins of the following session types:
|Name||Filing Cabinet||Document Type|
|Case||Filing Cabinet||Document Type|
|Case||Discovery Packets||Document Type|
Caution: The "und" Code is used for unknown documents and is necessary for various processes in JustWare. This code should never be deleted or merged with another code.
Finding the Document Type Table¶
- Open the Admin landing page.
Navigate to Document Management > Document Setup.
The Document Type code table will be displayed in the Document Type snap-in.
Tip: To access this code table through the Code Tables master list in the General Configuration group, click ctblEventSuperType.
Creating Document Type Codes¶
- Add a new record.
Select or type all required and relevant data for each available field. Some fields may be required while others are not.
- Code: Type a brief, unique code used to reference the corresponding item description.
- Description: Type a description that the user will view in the lists populated by this code table.
- Template: Use this field to browse to non-JDA 3.0 templates.
- JDA 3 Template: Use this field to browse to JDA 3.0 templates.
Show Generated Document: Select this check box to have the generated document automatically open when changes are saved in the filing cabinet.
Note: If you leave this option unchecked, the document will still generate, but it will not automatically open once changes are saved in the filing cabinet.
Print Generated Document: Select this check box to automatically send a generated document to the default Windows printer.
Note: Do not select this box if changes need to be made to the document after it is generated, as it will automatically print without allowing you to review it beforehand.
Type: Select the correct code from among the following options:
- 0 - Other: for all non-automated documents and files.
- 1 - Default: for archived HotDocs documents.
- 2 - JDA: for automated documents.
- 3 - Mug Shot: for pictures that will be associated with a name record.
- 4 - JDA 3.0: for automated documents using JDA 3.0.
- 5 - File Packet: for packets made of multiple files. For example, discovery packets.
Convert .rtf file: Select the correct code from among the following options:
- .doc - Generated in Word 2007
- .docx - Word 2007
- .pdf - Portable Document Format
Note: For this functionality to work correctly, Microsoft Word 2007 is required for the client machine. Additionally, a Microsoft Office add-in may be required.
Default Category: Select the correct category from the drop-down list.
- Read Only: Select this checkbox to enforce that all documents of this type are read only. Read only documents cannot be edited.
- Notes: Type any related notes in this free-text field.
- Activation Date: Type or select the date from which the code will be in use.
- Expiration Date: Type or select the date upon which the code will become inactive.
Save the session.